Get the application note as a PDF
Advancing TCR Discovery
Empowering the development of novel T-cell therapies through TCR discovery
T-cell receptors (TCRs) allow T cells to recognize and respond to a vast array of threats, ranging from viruses to malignant cells. The interaction between the TCR and antigen forms a molecular switch that defines immune activation. Accurate and rapid TCR discovery is critical, not just for the development of T cell-based therapies, but also for understanding the T-cell response and the effects of a given therapy.Download Application Note
High-Quality TCR Discovery
Generating more and higher quality TCR data may allow the identification of new biomarkers for disease and advance T-cell therapies through the identification and ex vivo monitoring of clones with therapeutic value.
The specificity of the TCR toward its cognate pMHC target is carried by the CDR3 of both α- and β-chains. Even so, many TCR data-generating studies focus on the β-chain alone.
dCODE Dextramer® enables V(D)J sequencing of the α, β, and/or paired αβ chains of antigen-specific T cells with unprecedented precision at which even rare TCRs can be estimated.
Learn more in the poster here
Discover TCRs with Greater Therapeutic Value
Extensive characterization of the interaction between the TCR and antigen may provide the foundation to predict the risk of side effects of individual TCRs before being applied as a therapeutic measure.
Analysis of gene and surface marker expression in addition to V(D)J sequencing of antigen-specific T cells using single-cell multi-omics can further characterize the identified TCRs down to the single-cell level. Additionally, monitoring selected TCRs once applied as a therapeutic on its own or in combination with other drug delivery methods may add to the analysis of the therapeutic value of a candidate TCR.
TCR sequences of tetanus toxoid (TT) or Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-specific CD4+ T cells.
V(D)J Sequencing - Full Characterization of TCR Sequences
V(D)J sequencing enables the diversity of TCR receptors to be uncovered in bulk. However, linking antigen specificity to the cognate TCR sequence, and data accuracy, are among the main challenges when studying the TCR repertoire.
Compatibility of the dCODE Dextamer® with BD Rhapsody™ and 10x Chromium allows you to add information on surface marker and gene expression to your TCR analysis.
Explore the TCR discovery workflow in the TCR Discovery App Note.
Reliable Tools for TCR Discovery
The stability and high number of MHC monomers on dCODE Dextramer® technology ensure a highly sensitive and efficient detection of antigen-specific T cells, regardless of their affinity and abundance.
Immudex provides a range of ready-to-use, customizable, and peptide-receptive Dextramer® reagents enabling investigation, isolation, and characterization of TCRs across different platforms, including in-situ, to flow cytometry, NGS, and single-cell multi‑omics.
CD8+ or CD4+ T cells
- MHC Dextramer® ready-to-use reagents for detection of antigen-specific CDB+ or CD4+ T cells.
- dCODE Dextramer® (HiT) ready-to-use reagents for bulk analysis of antigen-specific CDB+ or CD4+ T cells by NGS.
- dCODE Dextramer® (RiO, 10x) ready-to-use reagents for single-cell multi-omics of antigen-specific CDB+ or CD4+ T cells with information on gene expression, surface marker expression, and V[D]J sequences on the or BD Rhapsody 10x Genomics Chromium single-cell analysis platforms.
- U-Load Dextramer® reagents to be loaded with peptide receptive easYmer® or U-Load MHC li monomers of your choice in your own lab for flexible detection of antigen-specific CDB+ or CD4+ T cells.
- U-Load dCODE Dextramer® for flexible detection of antigen-specific CDB+ or CD4+ T cells by NGS or single-cell multi-omics. Available in HiT, RiO, or l0x format.
- CD1d Dextramer® ready-to-use or loadable reagents for reliable detection of NKT cells by flow cytometry or in-situ staining.
- CD1d dCODE Dextramer® for detection of NKT cells. Available in HiT, RiO, or 10x format.
Other immune cells
- Klickmer® reagents for custom detection of immune cells by attachment of biotinylated molecules to the dextran backbone.
- dCODE Klickmer® reagents for custom detection of immune cells by NGS or single-cell multi-omics. Available in HiT, RiO, or 10x format.
TCR Solutions to Advance Your Research
Immudex produces your TCR candidates, either as Soluble TCR Monomers or as TCR Dextramer® reagents. TCR Solutions are offered as part of our Custom Solutions and Services, led by our dedicated team of experts.Learn more here